"I'm winning you with words because I have no other way."
--Jaymay

Monday, November 26, 2012

All The Things You Never Said





To my laundromat,
I'd really appreciate it if you would leave the spare change in the pockets of my coat.

To my sister,
I ate your sandwich. I'm sorry about the fight it caused, but I'm not sorry for eating it.

To the boys who always talk sports,
I don't know why overtime is exciting. To me it just seems like a convenient way to draw out disappointments.

To Mr. Nelson,
I get nervous when you don't comment on my blog.

To Peter,
You left your Bon Iver CD in my car again. I hate Bon Iver.

To that guy I work with who kind of likes me,
Today I worked an 8 hour shift. You didn't come in at all. It was endless.

To my friend that's always trying,
I didn't pick up the phone when you called that one time because I had just gotten in bed and my feet were cold.

To my neighbor,
Your breath always smells horrible.

To the hipsters at school,
For some reason, I thought buying a flannel shirt would make it okay for me to eat with you all at lunch.

To my manager,
I was flattered when you told me I was pretty, but I got confused when you said I should use that to sell more merchandise to men.

To the man who watched us pack,
I hope the pizza wasn't too gross. I'm sorry I gave you the old slice.

To Ella Fitzgerald,
You help me fall asleep sometimes.

To my dad,
I heard McDonald's is hiring. You should apply.

5 comments:

  1. Oooh I love these! This was an awesome prompt and I love your take on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a laundromat. I don't even know why.
    I really liked this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a long reply to this during first period, but I don't know where it went.

    Hmm.

    I think I said something about meaning what I said: you are the future.

    And other stuff.

    This is one of my favorite posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the laundromat leaves the change in your pocket it will fall out and break the machines... Just saying. On a different note I loved your take on this prompt.

    ReplyDelete