"I'm winning you with words because I have no other way."
--Jaymay

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Talking With Liars.


The pier was empty.  And it always will be.
You keep saying that I still look lovely in corduroy.
And I keep complaining about the wind that stings my eyes.
But you're right, I do talk too much sometimes.

Is that the best you can do?

All these other people telling me the same thing:  "He can't take you anymore."
And they tell you: "Divide and conquer the cheap conventions.  But don't let the judge hear it."
I don't even know what that means.

But I do know that I don't like to be stampeded.
And I told you that, but you ignored me.
So I just sipped my tea, while you promised that you'd take care of me.
You're always saying that, and you know aren't going to do it.

And that means that none of us ever need to go out again.

I wish I could make myself feel less sad.
I've been kneeling here for almost an hour.
And I know it drives you crazy.
And I should not have spoken.
It wasn't necessary.

But when I had woken up, I had forgotten what my name was.

And you just stared at me and said:
"No offense lady, but I don't even know you."



11 comments:

  1. I loved this. The part about the tea was really good. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I had woken up, I had forgotten what my name was.

    And you just stared at me and said:
    "No offense lady, but I don't even know you."

    sounds like a one night stand

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do talk too much sometimes I can relate sometimes. By the way I like your music good taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post. And the Picture just adds the perfect touch to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really good, i liked it a lot

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm obsessed with the last line and I'm desperate to find out who you are.

    esther.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "No offense lady, but I don't even know you."

    Love this line. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And you just stared at me and said:
    "No offense lady, but I don't even know you."
    favorite line. You are an amazing writing. i read your posts every week. Worship

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post. "No offense lady, but I don't even know you." That took me by suprise. Great line and post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing. This post made me feel something that I haven't felt in a very long time. I zlove reading your work.

    ReplyDelete