"I'm winning you with words because I have no other way."
--Jaymay

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Things I Shouldn't Have Overheard, But Did Anyway

"Well, if I'm not the father, then who is?"
"Daddy, that really hurt."
"I'm out of booze."
"I don't know what happened after that, I was unconscious."
"You've got some nerve."
"I think I took too many pills this time."
"I hate your mother."
"He can't ever know I did that while he was away for the weekend."
"I don't know how to stop."
"LIAR."
"DADDY, YOU'RE HURTING ME."
"I've forgotten what that feels like."
"I can't wait to see her cry."
"You weren't what you said you were."
"You really hurt me this time.  In a way that can't be undone."
"Get out.  Get out and never come back."
"You think you deserve that?"
"I will never forgive you."
"Sometimes I just wish..."



And I do sometimes wish.  I sometimes wish all the time.  What an anticipated disappointment.  What a wonderful world.


1 comment:

  1. Powerful. Maybe too powerful to comment on. (I don't know what that means, really.) I really like how you ended it. Instead of just having a collection of quotes (though that's good too).

    Really, I'm going to bed now.

    ReplyDelete