"I'm winning you with words because I have no other way."
--Jaymay

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Integuments





I had a dollar in my hand and a patch on my feet, I had a collar 'round my neck and too many scars on my knees.

I had a love once, he had no other job.  Still, he wasn't enough and he got himself robbed.

But it's 1,2,3, put your money on me.  Put my skull in your grip, feel it crack as you squeeze.


If you really look close, you might see you broke me.  But I'll never admit to being your fancy.  

Because I'm a little paranoid, and when you knock on my door, I only feel ignored.  

It's only then I feel a bit of spite.  
And I'll give you nothing more than that, alright?


4 comments:

  1. "Put my skull in your grip, feel it crack as you squeeze.
    If you really look close, you might see you broke me."
    Dang this is awesome. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll never admit to being your fancy. I'm stealing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stealing... "I had a dollar in my hand and a patch on my feet, I had a collar 'round my neck and too many scars on my knees"

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how i loved how you used "being your fancy" I'll put that on my "list of old-timer sayings that are actually really cool" list.

    ReplyDelete