"I'm winning you with words because I have no other way."
--Jaymay

Monday, December 17, 2012

Maybe I'll Be Charlotte Forever.


Or at least I'll try.
Because when you find out who I am in real life, you'll be disappointed. 

"Oh.  That's her?"

Yes, that's me. 
I'm sorry I'm not really Charlotte, let me say that now.  You must know that I wish with all my heart that it were true.  She's much more interesting than me.  Sometimes I even think that I am her.  But then I mess things up, and I know it'll never be so.  Because Charlotte is not a coward.  Charlotte says what she's thinking and doesn't do what she's told.  She's beautiful in a sad way, and never runs out of things to say, and she wears hats.  She has the right kind of head for them.  Charlotte talks just the right amount, and makes others feel welcome, and she isn't awkward or shy or fat.  Charlotte can sit in a quiet room for hours and still be happy, content with the way the light bounces off a coffee can.  That's another thing: Charlotte turns on the lights.

 I know Charlotte isn't real.
And I'll never be her.
Maybe she and I will just be distant cousins, or pen pals that don't have time to write.  She'll be living life, and I'll be watching on the other side of the glass.

I wish I could be Charlotte forever.
But I can't.

Goodbye, my friend.
It's been so much better than I could say.

Love always,
Sariah May

4 comments:

  1. I don't care who you are.. You are an amazing writer! I love this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Write a book. Write a book about Charlotte. About the Charlotte in you. I want to read more from you. You are so very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just keep posting. I'll keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out my newest blog post. Please. As soon as possible. Please.


    -Dick Tidrow

    ReplyDelete